Friday 15 June 2012

Santa Cruz, Monterey & Big Sur

Hello all.

I am currently in the library in Big Sur after just having cycled the most incredible 25 miles form Monterey. My goal is to finish up here and then go and subject my self to the pain of watching England play football. Apparenlty the road after here is even better so if I feel to dejected after that I know I will be cheered up quickly.

Here's some shots of the road I have just been on. Whoops, it wont work so you'll just have to take my word for it.

South of Half Moon Bay the coast is definately getting more of a beach culture vibe to it. Santa Cruz seemed pretty cool but pretty touristy. There was a small swell but tthe waves here are so slow, it's hard to believe that they break at all. There were some pretty good skim boarders out as well as I'd never seen it done properly.

The next days ride to Monterey reminded me of the east of England but on a much bigger scale. I cycled for about 30 miles on flat lands through strawberry fields as far as the ye could see mixed up with an occasional artichoke field. I stopped at a market stall and got a lot of strawberries and the bargain of the century. 7 Avaocados for a dollar!

Monteray was also pretty cool, I cycled around a private road called 17 mile drive with numerous golf coarses all alongside the road right by the coast. That night I met a guy at a campsite from the British Virgin Islands who took me under his wing and drove me around in his MG to go and get some food. It was a lot of fun and he has offered me a place to stay 100miles south in Lompoc which is great.

Right as there are no pictures I will leave it at that for now, I may ask my Dad to stick some up in the meantime if I can mail some to him.

Nice one,


Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment